Meet Dr. Lani Yap-Encomienda
Dr. Lani Yap-Encomienda grew up in Ellicott City, MD. She received her undergraduate degree from the University of Maryland where she distinguished as both a College Park Scholar and a Maryland Distinguished Scholar. After graduation, she became an academic advisor for their College of Computer, Mathematical, & Natural Sciences.
She then went on to attend the University of Maryland School of Dentistry. Upon graduation, she was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the national dental honor fraternity. She then was accepted into a general practice residency program at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentistry where she trained in hospital-based dentistry and emergency oral care.
What does she love about dentistry?
“I love building relationships with patients and getting to know and care for them as if they were family, with the goal of helping them to improve their oral and overall health.”
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Maryland State Dental Association
- Irving I. Abramson Endodontics Award
- Nathan David Gold Memorial Award for dedication to clinical practice.
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society
- Gorgas Odontological Honorary Society
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
Dr. Yap-Encomienda, her husband Steve, their two boys, and a girl love living here near the water and visiting Baltimore and the D.C. area when they can get away. She studied classical ballet for years, and now enjoys dance and traveling with her family in her spare time.